[OSM-talk] ODbL vs CC-by-SA pros and cons

Joe Richards geojoelists at gmail.com
Sat Aug 28 14:47:38 BST 2010

For those of us who perhaps haven't watched all of the threads too
carefully, is there such a thing as a list of the issues the new ODbL was
intended to address (its pros) and the problems that those who wish to stick
to the CC-by-SA license perceive with the switch (cons)?

I haven't seen such a list compiled anywhere yet, but that might be
oversight on my part.  Certainly a list of pros and cons seems like the best
place for anyone to feel fully informed about the switch and accept (or
reject) it with any degree of confidence.