[OSM-talk] Community vs. Licensing

Russ Nelson nelson at crynwr.com
Mon Aug 30 18:40:18 BST 2010

Ævar Arnfjörð Bjarmason writes:
 > That reads like "SteveC's personally against it, therefore we have to
 > do something else". I'd hope the legal process isn't that cabal like
 > in practice.

Here's the thing: a BDFL, to retain his authority, must be careful not
to make arbitrary decisions based on his personal feelings.  So when
SteveC says that he's against public domain, I trust that he's
speaking for the project, not himself.  Yes, I realize that thare are
wingnuts who are in favor of the public domain, being one myself.

Crynwr supports open source software
521 Pleasant Valley Rd. | +1 315-600-8815
Potsdam, NY 13676-3213  |     Sheepdog