[OSM-talk] Bing imagery now available in JOSM

Sebastian Klein bastikln at googlemail.com
Wed Dec 1 15:30:57 GMT 2010

andrzej zaborowski wrote:
> On 1 December 2010 14:55, Sebastian Klein <bastikln at googlemail.com> wrote:
>> andrzej zaborowski wrote:
>>> Instead of slippmymap plugin you can use (although it's much slower)
>>> the wmsplugin with the following url:
>>>
>>> html:http://josm.openstreetmap.de/wmsplugin/VirtualEarthSat.html?
>> This method is not approved. We must show the Bing logo and a list of map
>> providers on the map to comply with the terms of use. The wms plugin doesn't
>> show this attribution yet.
>
> But the javascript in the file overlays the logo and the attribution
> information.  In effect it shows exactly the information that
> slippymap plugin and Potlatch 2 show.

Actually I didn't see that at first because at some zoom levels you can
load a large area (full screen) without any attribution shown.

I created a bug report for this:
https://josm.openstreetmap.de/ticket/5685

We still need to provide a hyperlink to the Terms of Use, but that
shouldn't be so hard.

Sebastian