[OSM-talk] [Merkaartor] cycle ways

Milo van der Linden milo at dogodigi.net
Sat Dec 4 13:43:15 GMT 2010

Hello Herman,

Although dutch is not a problem for me, it would be wise to post
questions in English ;-)

You are asking how you can tag in merkaartor so the roads are
optimized for cycling.

I think that it would be best to contact ligfietser, he is the one
that created openfietsmap.
http://sites.google.com/site/openfietsmap/contact. It would be good if
ligfietser would explain the algorithms he uses to do cycle-routing,
this would probably make clear what can be done to optimize for
cycling.

I don't think it would be wise to add a tag to every road to explain
that cycling is possible. Maybe there are some general assumptions
possible, like if highway=primary, secondary cycling is not possible?
Maybe the people behind opencyclemap and openfietskaart can also shed
some light here.

Op 4 december 2010 13:58 heeft Herman Smit <hsmit57 at gmail.com> het
volgende geschreven: