[OSM-talk] routing across open spaces

ce-test, qualified testing bv - Gert Gremmen g.gremmen at cetest.nl
Sun Dec 5 15:23:08 GMT 2010

I think you should just use the shape outline to create  2 possible
routes, and
present the geographic average between the 2. The average may be
weighted differently
if there are large differences in length between the 2.
Comments in the route description will show that an area is to be
crossed,
and so will the user act when he is actually presented with the area ;<)