[OSM-talk] Explicit tagging of name language

Frederik Ramm frederik at remote.org
Mon Dec 6 11:41:40 GMT 2010

Erik,

On 12/06/10 11:19, Erik Johansson wrote:
> :-) Well does anyone have code to add name as "local language" in
> postgis, what are the options? Lets not complicate your remark by
> enumerating all multilingual areas in the world, where names means
> power

The question was about Nominatim originally. As far as I am aware,
Nominatim already makes an effort to find out in which country something
lies (so it can give the country in the result list) - so it should be
trivial to employ a country->language code mapping and always assume
that the given name is in the country's default language, no?

Bye
Frederik