[OSM-talk] Announce: Bing Aerial image age viewer

Martijn van Exel m at rtijn.org
Mon Dec 6 15:52:54 GMT 2010

Hi all,

For those of you wondering when the Bing aerials were photographed for
your area (like me), I created a viewer for that.

Give it a try:
http://mvexel.dev.openstreetmap.org/bing/

It uses the date given in a Bing custom HTTP header, which is often
correct, but not always. Date error reports are accumulating here:
http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Talk:Bing#Age_of_images

What I'd like to do:
* Add permalink for easy error reporting
* Cache the date tiles to reduce the number of requests to the Bing servers.

If someone would like to give these a go, ping me for source code etc.

Best,
Martijn

Martijn van Exel +++ m at rtijn.org
laziness – impatience – hubris