[OSM-talk] Bing maps is misplaced

Joseph Reeves iknowjoseph at gmail.com
Wed Dec 8 12:53:25 GMT 2010

OpenStreetMap is still a wiki though? So if I find a future travel
destination missing from OSM, but covered by Bing, where's the harm in
tracing it? In many parts of the world there is no such thing as
"local mappers" and even if I did trace a load of crap into the
database, anyone else can come along  and, providing they've got a
better data source than I, fix it.

We should all map place we know nothing about. Period. If nothing else
it may provide a vital spark in developing local interests and
efforts. It's a wiki, it doesn't need to be perfect first time.

Joseph