[OSM-talk] Viewing English street names in israel.

john whelan jwhelan0112 at gmail.com
Sun Dec 12 14:44:08 GMT 2010

I'm doing it quite nicely with Maperitive.  I first wrote a VB program that
runs down an OSM file extracted by JOSM.  It populates name:fr where blank
according to a set of rules that only work locally.  You load the OSM file
back into JOSM and upload the changes.  Then you just tell Maperitive to use
name:fr rather than name when working from a local copy.  You need to
populate names for points of interest as well.

Cheerio John