[OSM-talk] Bing maps is misplaced

Kev js1982 osm at kevswindells.eu
Wed Dec 15 11:38:03 GMT 2010

Quite a lot of car parks and other roads have one way arrows visible on the
bing imagry, often the position of speedlimits are available too, although
this might just be a uk only tendancy.  Certainly helps in completing places
I have visited without a gps and pen/paper.  Then again I have only been
doing stuff I have some knowledge of.

On 15 Dec 2010 11:19, "M∡rtin Koppenhoefer" <dieterdreist at gmail.com> wrote:

2010/12/9 Ulf Lamping <ulf.lamping at googlemail.com>:

> What the whole discussion here seems to be missing: You can't read street
> names from bing (or Ya...
+1, and you can't see restrictions, surface quality and material,
oneways, etc. on them. That's why there is highway=road. You should
avoid to tag highway=specific-highway-class if you don't know the
location from being on the ground.

Please tag roads derived from aerial imagery as

highway=road

so it is clear what kind of information about the road we have (mainly
the position as it appeared in a several year old orthographic photo).

cheers,
Martin