[OSM-talk] OSM data and Google Maps - Update

Ed Parsons eparsons at google.com
Fri Dec 17 12:43:22 GMT 2010

Last month back Steve Coast contacted us to let us know that he had
identified what may have been OpenStreetMap data in Google Maps of Colombia.
 We raised this issue with our provider for Colombia, and they agreed to
remove the disputed data from their data set while they continue to discuss
the matter with Steve and the OSM community.

Our provider has since provided us with a new dataset. We expect the changes
to appear in Google Maps in the coming weeks but don't have an exact date to
share.

--

Ed Parsons,
Geospatial Technologist

Mobile: +44 (0)78 2538 2263
Personal blog www.edparsons.com
VC 38814629
Registered Office: Belgrave House, 76 Buckingham Palace Road, London SW1W
9TQ
Registered in England Number: 3977902

"It's better to be a pirate than to join the Navy."