[OSM-talk] Released: OpenMaps for iOS v4.0. An idea how toincrease OSM awareness.

Mike N. niceman at att.net
Sun Dec 19 03:04:27 GMT 2010

> Wasn't expecting so poor reception on behalf of the OSM community. No
> one commented on the idea of sharing and checking into OSM places on
> Twitter with OpenMaps for iOS to increase OSM awareness.
>
> Does this mean that you don't have an iDevice? Don't use Twitter?
> Don't like the app? Or just don't find this idea a good one? Or am I
> missing something?

  Have iDevice, use Twitter, but FourSquare has gone to great lengths to try
to prevent sites like ?YouCanRobMeNow_BecauseImNotHome.com? from showing
your status in real time.  For that reason, I don't Geo-twitter realtime
information.

   I will note that the app has exceeded my initial expectations, and I
intend to explore it further - the Pro/Offline map stuff is always
interesting.    I am a bit slow on the testing; it may be several more weeks
before I really get into it.