[OSM-talk] Objects versions ready for ODbL

Stephen Hope slhope at gmail.com
Mon Dec 20 13:53:41 GMT 2010

On 20 December 2010 20:25, Simone Cortesi <simone at cortesi.com> wrote:
> this is no way different from GPL released software:
> http://www.gnu.org/licenses/why-assign.html

Actually, it's quite different.  The FSF tell you upfront what the
requirements are.  The OSMF let you spend years working on the
project, then change their minds.  Then they tell you that because
you've done part of your work in a (now incompatible) licence, all
your work must go. Then they say, no, we'll let you split it up, but
that seems to have gone away again. It's not the end result I object
to, it's the mushroom treatment.

Stephen