[OSM-talk] OSM server on a (Ubuntu) VM?

john whelan jwhelan0112 at gmail.com
Tue Dec 21 12:27:14 GMT 2010

In general databases and Virtual machines do not work well together.
Databases tend to want fast disk accesses and the virtual machine bit slows
these down.  Also typically virtual machines restrict the memory and
databases use the memory to reduce disk accesses so you get a second hit
there.  Virtual machines work better for lightly loaded cpu intensive work.

Cheerio John