[OSM-talk] protocol for adding buildings using aerial imagery?

Milo van der Linden milo at dogodigi.net
Tue Dec 28 08:59:50 GMT 2010

> It would be interesting to have editor support for estimating the building
> height depending on that displacement, or depending on the extent of the
> shadow - that would have to be calibrated for each imagery and location of
> course but so does the displacement of the whole image, and we're seeing
> people working on the latter...

This will result in a very rough estimate. Estimating height from
displacement is only possible if you have stereo-photo's with at least
60% overlap or when you know every photograhic detail like focal
length, photo-centerpoint and so on. You cannot accuratly estimate
height from displacement in constructed mosaics.