[OSM-talk] Ultra-high-res Bing imagery?

Wed Dec 29 14:27:14 GMT 2010

In some larger urban areas of the US (SFO, LA, etc.), we have Bing imagery
at zoom 21 (~0.05-0.06 m/pel). The Bing spec allows for one more level
(zoom 22), but a search in some of the obvious places has not turned up any
such imagery. I checked downtown LA, parts of SFO, Bellevue/Redmond WA,
Mountain View CA (Google competitive purposes), and Washington DC (only
zoom 20, maybe for security). Has anyone seen zoom 22 imagery anywhere?

In recent JOSM, you can display the zoom level of the tiles with
right_click->"Show Tile Info" (with Auto Load and Auto Zoom set). Zoom all
the way in until you get white imagery tiles, then back out slowly until
they go away, then show tile info to see what the max zoom level is.