[OSM-talk] Fwd: Nav4All navigation shut down by Navteq

Dave F. davefox at madasafish.com
Mon Feb 1 16:40:20 GMT 2010

Mike N. wrote:
>> format and had already evaluated it. The result of the evaluation was
>> disillusioning: The geometry is pretty good, but the attribution is way
>> below what would be required to substitute the commercial data.
>>

>   Can you give any more details?  Although general tagging is an anarchy,
> 'automobile highway' tagging is generally well defined.

In the SW UK, I would say not.
Inner Urban seems OK as long as you want to stop artery road rather than
at the door; outer urban even less accuracy.
Rural areas - it's lucky dip  really, whole villages still missing &
even their connecting roads are absent.

I would hazard a guess that foot routes are nearer to completion than
vehicle.

I'm off to fill in some gaps.
Dave F.