[OSM-talk] Fwd: Nav4All navigation shut down by Navteq

Nic Roets nroets at gmail.com
Mon Feb 1 23:35:05 GMT 2010

On Tue, Feb 2, 2010 at 12:13 AM, Frederik Ramm <frederik at remote.org> wrote:

 Having said that, if lack of documentation is your main concern, I could
> well envisage a pop-up in JOSM that goes: "You have just entered a tag that
> is not documented on the Wiki. Please provide one line of documentation for
> this new tag in the language of your choice, or click here if you do not
> want to be asked about this tag again".

How long does it take to log into the wiki and write one or two sentences ?

I'm not saying my proposal is the "magic wand". A number of small things
will slowly shrink the problem.
* Richard's idea of an abstraction layer in the editor (that the user can
hopefully bypass...).
* Various users cleaning up the wiki. Some pages look so much better than a
year or two ago.
* And when all of the above failed : Bots.

But dealing with it upstream is so much better than dealing with it down
stream.