[OSM-talk] Tagging Multiple Services to a Company/Building

Ian Mc Shane ianmcshane at live.co.za
Tue Feb 2 04:57:25 GMT 2010

> Message: 5
> Date: Sun, 31 Jan 2010 14:24:59 -0500
> From: Richard Weait <richard at weait.com>
> Subject: Re: [OSM-talk] Wine Farm and Wellness Spa Tagging
> To: talk at openstreetmap.org

> On Sun, Jan 31, 2010 at 10:54 AM, Ian Mc Shane <ianmcshane at live.co.za>
> wrote:

> I've been using shop=beauty for spas, tanning, nail salons, and
> similar.  Then discriminating between them with the name tag.
>
> shop=beauty
> name=Something or other Spa
>
> Certainly using
> beauty=spa / tanning / nails / massage / etc.
> would work if needed.

I am going to be doing more reading up on the Spa tagging, but I do like
what you have done.

Another question that came to mind when reading what you have done:  How do
I denote the different services that a particular company owned building
provides?

For example with a bank that provides private banking services as well as
foreign exchange and maybe a few other things?  not all banks provide all
those services, some only provide a small subset.

Or, in keeping with the spa example, a particular spa which provides a whole
range of different services where another may only provide tanning and
massage?

Anyone have any thoughts or possible implementations?

Thanks,
Ian