[OSM-talk] If you want to help with OSM, and dont know what to do, help out with the Kosovo and Albania project

Rob rob at robreid.co.nz
Tue Feb 2 08:43:01 GMT 2010

jamesmikedupont at googlemail.com wrote:
> Looks like my edits there. I will resolve the conflict.
> I have cut out the overlapping areas, if you look at yahoosat, you
> will see streets missing from the immap data.
>
> We have a team in Gjakova, will ask them to review.
> thanks,
> mike

Thanks for quick response and sorry for all the questions.
The next couple of segments I was going to import coincide with a lake
and and some of the roads go through the lake.
A quick google translate of
http://sq.wikipedia.org/wiki/Liqeni_i_Radoniqit tells me that lake is
manmade so I guess the iMMAP road data may pre-date the creation of the
lake.

Any preferences on how to deal with? Import all roads and let someone
with local knowledge review or try to trim the ways to the edge of the lake?

Files involved are:
ways_29300.osm.gz,
ways_29400.osm.gz
ways_29500.osm.gz