[OSM-talk] Fwd: Nav4All navigation shut down by Navteq

Igor Brejc igor.brejc at gmail.com
Tue Feb 2 12:08:03 GMT 2010

On Mon, Feb 1, 2010 at 10:48 PM, Frederik Ramm <frederik at remote.org> wrote:

> I don't think that will make the "we need fixed rules" fraction happy.
> We have renderers with fixed rules today - several of them - but that
> kind of fixed rules is not what they are looking for.

Just to make it clear: I'm neither in the "fixed rules" nor "I'll tag the
way I like" camp - I try to use tags that I see are popular on Tagwatch (or
on the Wiki page), but I also tag my own for stuff I think I need (like
"todo"="continue") without resorting to long discussions on the mailing
lists.

And when I'm talking about tagging inconsistencies I'm not talking about
differences in cycleways between Lima and Vancouver. I realize we live in a
diverse world. But tagging boundaries in the same country using several
different approaches doesn't really feel reasonable or useful. Of course I
could go and "fix" it, but I'm sure I'd get criticized for that, especially
since it's not my "home territory".

Regards,
Igor