[OSM-talk] Fwd: Nav4All navigation shut down by Navteq

Frederik Ramm frederik at remote.org
Tue Feb 2 23:38:49 GMT 2010

Hi,

NopMap wrote:
> In contrast, I believe that there actually are people who try to listen to
> the sorrows of (potential) newcomers and want to lower the learning curve.
> Way too few, though.

Fixed tagging rules are not needed to lower the learning curve. I have
the highest regard for someone who sits down and writes a tutorial for
newcomers. My skepticism comes from seeing too many people whine about
the lack of fixed tagging rules ("oh so difficult for the poor
newcomers!") while at the same time *not* writing a tutorial. That makes
me think they just use the "poor newcomers" argument to achieve
something else.

Bye
Frederik