[OSM-talk] Fwd: Nav4All navigation shut down by Navteq

Martin Koppenhoefer dieterdreist at gmail.com
Wed Feb 3 15:52:01 GMT 2010

2010/2/3 Frederik Ramm <frederik at remote.org>:
> Maybe whoever used it first did not think about access "rights".

Yes, I'm sure he didn't. We notice these things as the project evolves.

> OSM always
> has been a very pragmatic project, and more about what is possible than what
> is allowed. And there is certainly no cycleway in the world where it is not
> possible for a pedestrian to walk.

Well, I'm personally mapping holes in fences ;-), still it _is_
forbidden to walk on a German/Dutch/French/Italian cycleway, you might
get fined (or get problems in case of an accident). There is also no
cycleway in the world that doesn't physically permit motorbikes to
ride on, and there is no motorway that doesn't physically permit bikes
to use it (seeing it all pragmatically).

cheers,
Martin