[OSM-talk] Fwd: Nav4All navigation shut down by Navteq

Roy Wallace waldo000000 at gmail.com
Wed Feb 3 19:51:15 GMT 2010

On Wed, Feb 3, 2010 at 9:02 PM, Richard Fairhurst <richard at systemed.net> wrote:

> That is 300 times more open to misinterpretation than the cycleway example.
> Yet we cope.

So you're arguing that, because you guys are able to "cope", these
kind of tags are necessarily a good idea? The only thing they avoid is
a few keystrokes.

Don't get me wrong - I really like your "duck test", and in general it
works really well. But as I implied before, a cycleway still isn't
defined as well as a duck. It may never be... (though I'm still
looking forward to a verifiable definition...)