[OSM-talk] Tagging Multiple Services to a Company/Building

Roy Wallace waldo000000 at gmail.com
Wed Feb 3 21:13:54 GMT 2010

On Wed, Feb 3, 2010 at 4:41 PM, Steve Bennett <stevagewp at gmail.com> wrote:

> Are you sure it
> wouldn't be better to push for "amenity=cafe;bakery;atm" style
> multi-tagging instead?

IIRC, there is opposition to "multi-tagging" - (I can't remember
exactly who said that or why, though...I suspect it's because you then
need to parse every single value string and turn it into a vector,
rather than being able to use a much faster equality condition)

But I do know that we currently do things like bicycle=designated +
foot=designated, instead of designated=bicycle;foot. So my suggestion
is more consistent with current practice.