[OSM-talk] New Video Tutorial: Presets in Potlatch

Richard Fairhurst richard at systemed.net
Thu Feb 4 16:32:19 GMT 2010

Jean-Marc Liotier wrote:
>Dave F. wrote:
>> Jean-Marc Liotier wrote:
>>> Those who know about the video are probably using JOSM.
>>> Potlach's target audience who would benefit from the video
>>> probably does not read the mailing lists...
>> Right; and we don't have opposable thumbs either. :-(
> I said "probably"... No offense intended - but I apologize if you
> felt any. That said, I'm pretty confident that my alleged
> correlation holds.

No, it doesn't.

Plenty of experienced users use both Potlatch and JOSM. Several use Potlatch
alone. Off the top of my head I could name four people very prominent in the
project who, to the best of my knowledge, exclusively use Potlatch.

Potlatch's target audience is not solely beginners. Potlatch's target
audience is people who want an uncomplicated editor that just works.

cheers
Richard