[OSM-talk] Use of OSM data by the military and/or intelligence services

Jeffrey Johnson ortelius at gmail.com
Thu Feb 4 19:07:46 GMT 2010

You would be surprised. The US Military base vector data set VMAP
(http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vector_Map) is in places far better than
OSM, and in others (think Haiti) OSM is much better. That said, the
military & intelligence agencies use this in *conjunction* with other
sources of data: imagery, navteq, teleatlas etc etc.

Jeff