[OSM-talk] In-vehicle tracking and editing software for tablet computers?

Jonathan Bennett openstreetmap at jonno.cix.co.uk
Fri Feb 5 10:28:32 GMT 2010

On 05/02/2010 03:12, Sam Wilson wrote:
> Hullo,
>
> Does any one have any ideas about what programs I could use on tablet
> computers in vehicles for navigation and tracking, and possibly editing?

For the navigation and tracking you could use TrackMyJourney
(http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/TrackMyJourney), a combination of a
Java application and web site by OSMer Stephen Dartnall. There's a
charge for the full navigation and tracking service, and you need a data
connection for the live tracking to work. It uses OSM maps and data, and
can produce GPX or NMEA files. It can even take geotagged pictures or
audio if your hardware supports it. No OSM editing facilities built-in,
though.

--
Jonathan (Jonobennett)