[OSM-talk] [OSM-dev] GSoC'10

Ian Dees ian.dees at gmail.com
Sun Feb 7 02:05:34 GMT 2010

On Sat, Feb 6, 2010 at 1:35 PM, Graham Jones
<grahamjones139 at googlemail.com>wrote:

> As to whether it is more useful to get Mapnik registered in its own right
> or not, I am afraid I do not know - I only got involved late on in last
> year's GSoC so have no experience of the application process - Maybe Ian
> Dees or someone with more experience of the GSoC application process can
> comment?

I got the impression that Google would much rather have more organizations
represented in GSoC than less. I say go ahead and apply. As long as you have
some specific projects set up for possible applicants and a fairly decent
reputation as a "real" project, I imagine you'll be approved.