[OSM-talk] [Talk-us] [Warning: Potential Flamewar] Clarifying InterstateRelations

Mike N. niceman at att.net
Sun Feb 7 20:17:23 GMT 2010

There is no 1000-member hard-cap on relationship.   However, it becomes awkward to edit huge relationships spanning many states since the likelihood for conflicting changesets increases.

The Wiki does contain a modification based on the September discussion, but it's very difficult to understand that the preferred method is one relation per state, tied together with a super-relation.   Perhaps the paragraph with "two different approaches for indicating which direction a particular way" should be noted as valid existing tagging, but should be discouraged for future work.

  The Super-Relation column in the Wiki should be a flag to anyone needing to update a section of interstate.