[OSM-talk] Help getting OSM/OpenBikeMap Contour data in QGiS for Dragash, Kosovo

jamesmikedupont at googlemail.com jamesmikedupont at googlemail.com
Thu Feb 11 15:15:07 GMT 2010

Hi there,
Can you help me with some qgis question, it is related to OSM.

I would like to import the opencyclemap contours into qgis.

I have found a wms layer for the area, but it does not have the contour data.
http://fmtyewtk.blogspot.com/2010/02/srtm-wms-layers-in-qgis.html
This is what I have done so far, but the user would like something
more like opencyclemap.

do you have any suggestions on how to do that?

I have read able getting the srtm data and converting it myself, but
there must be an easier way.

Is there a wms layer for opencyclemap?

More info about this request, there is a job opening for qgis in
Dragash Kosovo,

They would like to use the contours for urban planning in Kosovo.

If anyone wants to offer some consulting services, I can also put you
in touch with them.

Here is the job offer :
http://groups.google.com/group/free-software-conference/browse_thread/thread/43f72a68db11c88

thanks,