[OSM-talk] Two different ways with the same nodes?

Martin Koppenhoefer dieterdreist at gmail.com
Sat Feb 13 14:53:33 GMT 2010

2010/2/12 Anthony <osm at inbox.org>:
> On Fri, Feb 12, 2010 at 3:34 AM, Shaun McDonald <shaun at shaunmcdonald.me.uk>
> wrote:
>>
>> Why not offset the nodes a little to make them easier to work with and be
>> able to see that there is two ways there?
>
> Because that would be tagging for the <s>renderer</s> editor.

+1

btw: they will always be offset due to our methods, just zoom in
closely and you'll discover. IMHO if you know that there's a
double-decker bridge you will be cautious, while if you don't even
know that there is such a bridge you better shouldn't edit there
anyway (because IMHO a minimum knowledge of the area you're mapping
should be present)

cheers,
Martin