[OSM-talk] [OSM-dev] OSM front page design concept

Tom Hughes tom at compton.nu
Sun Feb 21 09:08:21 GMT 2010

On 21/02/10 07:38, SteveC wrote:

> On Feb 20, 2010, at 11:20 PM, Frederik Ramm wrote:
>
>> SteveC wrote:
>>> Wrong. Map bugs. Did you read my post Fred ? :-)
>>
>> So you meant to integrate uservoice.com instead of integrating openstreetbugs? But can their system tie notes to map locations?
>
> Well I'll go further.
>
> openstreetbugs is basically there but has a crappy UI. It needs to be
>
> 1) click 'feedback' or 'problem'
> 2) enter problem
> 3) click ok
>
> the extra step of clicking where the problem is should not happen, we should get that from the bbox or center point plus zoom. So with some changes I think we can integrate OSB and expose it front and center to help fix up the bugs.

I have been trying for several years now to get somebody to do a
properly integrated version of openstreetbugs and obviously things
like defaulting based on the current map view would be a perfectly
sensible thing for such a tool to do.

Like Fred I'm really not sure about using an external site like this in
much the same way that I've resisted integrating an external tool like
openstreetbugs into the main site. I will go and have a look at
uservoice now though, assuming that it's back up...

Tom

--
Tom Hughes (tom at compton.nu)
http://compton.nu/