[OSM-talk] Planet, osm2pgsql interruptus, and reclaiming disk space

Michal Migurski mike at stamen.com
Sun Feb 21 18:12:55 GMT 2010

Hi,

I have a problem with osm2pgsql and postgres, I hope someone can point
me in the right direction for a fix. I started up a whole-planet
osm2pgsql import session from a recent planet dump. While that was
going on, the computer had to be rebooted and the process was
interrupted. Now I have no data tables (okay) and a few dozen GB less
disk space (not okay). I tried to "vacuum full" the planet_osm
database, but didn't reclaim any space. Where does storage go when
osm2pgsql is rudely interrupted like that? Temp files? A core dump
somewhere? Any advice much appreciated.

-mike.

michal migurski- mike at stamen.com
                  415.558.1610