[OSM-talk] Mapping streets as areas - can I do it now?

John Smith deltafoxtrot256 at gmail.com
Tue Feb 23 07:33:53 GMT 2010

On 23 February 2010 17:30, Anthony <osm at inbox.org> wrote:
> Perhaps they did, but they would be wrong.

Because of hindsight?

> Relations are recursive - they can contain other relations.  Ways can only
> contain nodes.

You missed the point, I'm just giving examples to show that people who
think everything we need, we already have at our disposal, the
suggestions on this I've made in the past require changes to database
tables etc to work, rather than trying to shoe horn existing tools to
do something they aren't very well suited for.

> True, but I don't think people will accept a micro-mapping solution until
> they can see it.  It's too abstract for most people to picture in their
> minds.

And that's my exact point, people pushing areas don't seem to be able
to look beyond the tools currently available.