[OSM-talk] Still interest in an Android POI collector?

Nick Whitelegg Nick.Whitelegg at solent.ac.uk
Tue Feb 23 14:36:00 GMT 2010

Firstly thanks for the replies regarding a tile generator using the Mapnik
OSM plugin - looks like there's a little bit of interest so I might start
work on it.

The other thing I have in mind to do is a POI collector for Android
devices. I seem to remember there being an interest in this before
Christmas when the Mapzen collector for the iPhone was launched - and I've
just got hold of an Android phone (HTC Hero) and fancy having a play.
Would there still be interest in this? What I'll probably do is work on
both apps - time permitting - but prioritise the one which has the most
current interest.

Thanks,
Nick