[OSM-talk] Thoughts on OSM design, and looking forward and back

Andy Allan gravitystorm at gmail.com
Wed Feb 24 14:35:53 GMT 2010

On Wed, Feb 24, 2010 at 2:06 PM, SteveC <steve at asklater.com> wrote:

> On Feb 24, 2010, at 2:27 AM, Andy Allan wrote:
>
>> On Tue, Feb 23, 2010 at 11:42 PM, SteveC <steve at asklater.com> wrote:

>>> Sure, you don't like the way I communicate sometimes
>>
>> Hmm. It sounds to me like you don't think you've done anything wrong?
>> I notice you don't write "Sure, I'm grossly offensive without due
>> cause sometimes", but instead infer that the issue isn't the way you
>> behave, instead it's that other people dislike your behaviour.
>
> Andy all I'm doing is repeating what I get from newbies all the time, and adding another sentence that you ignore because below you just want to evolve things, and I think it needs a step change.

"but he doesn't give a shit and lives on a boat in bliss" doesn't
sound like "all you're doing is repeating what you get from newbies".

> Andy, building community and moving things on is not just "be nice to everyone all the time". Sometimes it's also about being honest and saying, this is wrong, we can fix it.

If you can't be nice when you criticise, then don't criticise. And
please learn the difference between being honest and being rude.

>> * Steve apologies - without caveats - regarding his demeaning of
>> existing developers work
>
> You're not seriously suggesting the PL user experience is non-crap and the codebase is non-crap right? Because I think that's all I said.

Nice apology. I like the way you've learned to show respect for other
people's work.

Cheers,
Andy