[OSM-talk] Thoughts on OSM design, and looking forward and back

SteveC steve at asklater.com
Wed Feb 24 15:17:44 GMT 2010

Yours &c.

Steve

On Feb 24, 2010, at 7:56, Ian Dees <ian.dees at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Wed, Feb 24, 2010 at 8:44 AM, SteveC <steve at asklater.com> wrote:
>
> Can't you just get over yourself and admit that a newbie coming to
> OSM has a crap time? It's not hard! Stop defending it all.
>

> Steve, I don't think anyone on this list has said "No, I don't
> understand why newbies are having a hard time. Everything on OSM is
> as simple as it could be and we should stop trying to spend time
> making it simpler."

Er see frederiks email and Andys decline to agree :-)

> I think people are (a) upset with the *way* you brought up the point
> (repeated personal attacks) and then (b) trying to figure out what
> you're saying in between all the inane and negative banter so that
> we can work as a community to solve things.

Ian I think if you go back and check I've only made one personal
attack, against Richard, which you will also find an apololgy for.
Whereas most of the name calling has been actually against me.

But as you note I've actually been building thins too.