[OSM-talk] Thoughts on OSM design, and looking forward and back

Jamie Smith jamiekrsmith at googlemail.com
Wed Feb 24 20:44:21 GMT 2010

On 24 February 2010 09:42, SteveC <steve at asklater.com>
<steve at asklater.com> wrote:

>> You don't seem to make any realistic suggestions for moving forward and just, instead, suggest potlatch is fine as is the front page. That doesn't seem to be in touch with the reality of every newbie who encounters the project, does it?

Steve, I'm sure this is just coincidence (I really do), but this
sustained attack on the newbie editing experience, whilst the current
blog item on your company's site is about their glorious new easy
editor, looks just a little bit tacky...

"There’s been a lot of work going on behind the scenes to make Mapzen
<http://mapzen.cloudmade.com/>, CloudMade’s family of
easy to use OpenStreetMap editing tools, even easier, even more useful
and even more fun to use.  So what’s new?"

JS