[OSM-talk] Thoughts on OSM design, and looking forward - and back

Ulf Lamping ulf.lamping at googlemail.com
Thu Feb 25 00:36:28 GMT 2010

Am 25.02.2010 00:31, schrieb Vic Morgan:
> I just thought that you'd like the opinion of a (not so) newbie in this
> intense discussion.
> 1. Openrouteservice.org
> 2. Maposmatic.org

I guess you have made a *very* valid point here.

Promoting an easier to use bug tracking system doesn't make any sense
for an area where there's no one to take care about it (experience even
from german high coverage mapper areas).

Here in germany we already have lot's of useful data, but the current
openstreetmap.org makes it damned hard to find the usefulness.

For Garmin users (which is currently by far the easiest way to use OSM
data IMHO), you have to find:

http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/OSM_Map_On_Garmin/Download

buried deep down in the wiki.

Regards, ULFL