[OSM-talk] Serious consideration of "Newbie Editor"

Richard Mann richard.mann.westoxford at googlemail.com
Thu Feb 25 10:10:23 GMT 2010

Error-checking sounds like a great way of putting scary pop-ups on the
screen to frighten newbies. So you'd have to be very very careful how
clear they were. If in doubt leave them out. Leave these bugs to be
detected by keepright etc.

But there should be a way of editing names of existing objects, and
minor tweaks to existing objects (additional nodes on a way, movements
of existing nodes). People should be able to fix minor labelling and
shape errors.

Richard