[OSM-talk] Thoughts on OSM design, and looking forward and back

David Fawcett david.fawcett at gmail.com
Thu Feb 25 15:20:44 GMT 2010

I have been contributing to OSM for several months, gulping down the
Kool Aid.  Man, was it sweet and fruity nectar.

Lately, this juice is starting to taste really bitter and I am
starting to see giant multi-colored spiders in the shadows...

I love the idea of OSM, I love mapping my world and worlds that I
don't know anything about, but I have to say that the 'OSM community'
is not what it first appeared to be.  I wouldn't worry about creating
newbie editors to bring in new mappers when the banter on the mailing
lists is likely to scare them away from making any serious
contributions to the map.

And, I thought that the OSM TagWankers list was the painful one to read...

David.