[OSM-talk] will walkingpapers printed on black and white work?

Simon Hewison simon at zymurgy.org
Fri Feb 26 10:55:14 GMT 2010

On 26/02/2010 08:25, maning sambale wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am using walking-papers printed on black&  white laser printing but
> I didn't tried uploading the scans (I don't have a scanner).  I simply
> used the map as reference for my mapping.
>
> My questions is:  If the map is printed on b/w will the rectification
> work when it's uploaded in walking-papers.org?

Yes, colour is not used for the recification. Also, It doesn't warp the
images - it shouldn't have to (unless your printer and scanner have
serious problems), it just reads the 2D barcode and works out what part
of the world it was, and arranges the scan as suitably scaled tiles.

I've found that it doesn't work too well if the scan is a low
resolution, and it can't cope with PDF scans. Sadly, this means that the
nice HP 9000 multi-function printer at work doesn't really work for it,
despite it being A3.

--
Simon Hewison