[OSM-talk] will walkingpapers printed on black and white work?

Iván Sánchez Ortega ivan at sanchezortega.es
Fri Feb 26 11:55:30 GMT 2010

El 26/02/2010 12:14, Andy Robinson (blackadder-lists) escribió:
>> Sadly, this means that the nice HP 9000 multi-function printer at
>> work doesn't really work for it, despite it being A3.
>
> But it's pretty easy to convert a PDF to a jpg, no?

It depends. There are unix utilities to extract images from PDF files,
but that may mess with some scanner's automagic built-in OCR stuff (i.e.
the scanner will interpret parts of the image as text, and you won't be
able to extract it properly, and it will mess the upload, and the FSM
will kill a kitten).

You could also use pdftoppm to rasterize the PDF, but that will incur in
a quality loss. And we the geotards are pretty picky about raster
quality loss :-)

Cheers,