[OSM-talk] Help! Changeset reverted without explanation

Frederik Ramm frederik at remote.org
Fri Feb 26 12:30:51 GMT 2010

Hi,

Mike N. wrote:
> I think I know the primary account (Not many mappers in the US!).   He'll
> respond via the contact, but let me know if he doesn't.
>
> This is always a risk when making mass edits that don't agree with the Wiki
> (relation ref).   I don't know if that's the reason for revert.

It is not ok to revert a complete changeset just because something in it
doesn't agree with the Wiki.

However, Nathan, I see that for example in this way

http://www.openstreetmap.org/browse/way/12515816/history

you had removed *all* the tags from the way. I haven't investigated
further but maybe the reverter had to assume that there was some editing
error?

Bye
Frederik