[OSM-talk] will walkingpapers printed on black and white work?

Michal Migurski mike at stamen.com
Sat Feb 27 05:21:24 GMT 2010

On Feb 26, 2010, at 2:55 AM, Simon Hewison wrote:

> I've found that it doesn't work too well if the scan is a low
> resolution, and it can't cope with PDF scans. Sadly, this means that
> the
> nice HP 9000 multi-function printer at work doesn't really work for
> it,
> despite it being A3.

Interesting, I've been treating PDF uploads as errors, essentially. =)
I wasn't aware of printers that spoke PDF instead of JPEG/TIFF. If
this is a common problem I can look into ways of handling it. So far
most of the image libraries I've been using don't really handle the
complex postscript of PDF at all.

-mike.

michal migurski- mike at stamen.com
                  415.558.1610