[OSM-talk] will walkingpapers printed on black and white work?

Michal Migurski mike at stamen.com
Sat Feb 27 05:24:02 GMT 2010

On Feb 26, 2010, at 12:38 PM, OJ W wrote:

> On Fri, Feb 26, 2010 at 10:55 AM, Simon Hewison <simon at zymurgy.org>
> wrote:
>> Also, It doesn't warp the images - it shouldn't have to (unless
>> your printer and scanner have
>> serious problems)
>
> That might be a useful feature, since it lets you take photos of the
> paper instead of having to get a 'real' scanner

It does warp the images *a little*, in the sense that if you rotate
your scan Walking Papers will be able to compensate. If you can take a
nice, flat photo of a print from the application, there should be no
problems finding the code and using the image. The problem is that not
a lot of photos are nice and flat, and I wasn't able to figure out how
to deal with all the potential variables: lenses, viewing angles,
curled paper, variable lighting, etc.

I'm thrilled to death that people are using it though!

-mike.

michal migurski- mike at stamen.com
                  415.558.1610