[OSM-talk] Still interest in an Android POI collector?

Graham Jones grahamjones139 at googlemail.com
Sat Feb 27 16:27:00 GMT 2010

I have decided to have a go at improving the Vespucci User Interface to make
mapping using an Android phone easier.
I have started a branch of the project (0.7_dev) to hold the new version at
http://code.google.com/p/osmeditor4android.

There is also an issue (
http://code.google.com/p/osmeditor4android/issues/detail?id=44) where I have
put my initial ideas for ways to improve the User Interface.

If anyone has any other suggestions, please add comments to that issue and I
will have a go at implementing them.

Graham.

On 23 February 2010 16:22, Apollinaris Schoell <aschoell at gmail.com> wrote:

> Just for POI collection there are already 2 or 3 applications
> BTC mapper
> Vespucci
>
> Vespucci has nice features but user interface is really complicated to use.
> can edit all tags, POI, ways. might be a good idea to improve this project
> instead just another POI collector
>

> On 23 Feb 2010, at 6:36 , Nick Whitelegg wrote:
>
> > Firstly thanks for the replies regarding a tile generator using the
> Mapnik
> > OSM plugin - looks like there's a little bit of interest so I might start
> > work on it.
> >
> > The other thing I have in mind to do is a POI collector for Android
> > devices. I seem to remember there being an interest in this before
> > Christmas when the Mapzen collector for the iPhone was launched - and
> I've
> > just got hold of an Android phone (HTC Hero) and fancy having a play.
> > Would there still be interest in this? What I'll probably do is work on
> > both apps - time permitting - but prioritise the one which has the most
> > current interest.
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Nick

Dr. Graham Jones