[OSM-talk] When will bots be removed from history?

Tobias Knerr osm at tobias-knerr.de
Sun Feb 28 10:49:05 GMT 2010

Tom Hughes wrote:
>> When will bots be removed from history in Potlach? It is really hard to
>> see what is going on in some area when all I can see are bot entries and
>> (big) entries.
>
> How do you propose that we identify bots?

Wikipedia requires accounts used for automated editing to have a "bot
flag". This information is then used to add "B"s next to Bot edits in
history/watchlist/... and for a "Hide bots" filter in these lists.

Instead of making this a property of an account, we could also implement
bot flags for individual edits by attaching a bot=yes to the changeset.

Tobias Knerr