[OSM-talk] Defective GPS trace

Steve Bennett stevagewp at gmail.com
Fri Jan 1 14:14:01 GMT 2010

On Sat, Jan 2, 2010 at 12:54 AM, Shaun McDonald
<shaun at shaunmcdonald.me.uk>wrote:

> It is very common for GPSs to give errors for whatever reason. Interference
> is very common from things like buildings. Newer units are less likely to
> have an issue. You simply need to go along that track again a few times to
> get an averaged out reading.

Well...ok. But in this case I have the aerial photography, so I can just
trace it, once I know more or less where the path goes. I was just curious
if there was a way to detect errors at the time - repeating every trace
several times "just in case" would be pretty inefficient.

Anyway, I'll try SLXViper's suggestion.

Steve